Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Failure to Slide

A regular visitor of Tales of Two Cities sent me this photo from her neighborhood this morning.

With the county’s new slide schedule, the recycling day for this neighborhood would actually be tomorrow.

I know how she feels. In my own neighborhood several neighbors have put out their trash as they normally would on a Tuesday instead of paying heed to the county’s much publicized slide schedule.

Admittedly, I screwed up the first time this was implemented. After that Mama Wordbones tacked up the postcard from public works explaining the program on the garage wall. It worked. I’m happy to report that we were not among the neighbors who put their garbage out to the curb this morning!

A wag of the tail goes out to Small Madeline for her report from the streets.

0 comments: