Saturday, December 29, 2012

Yet Another Camera


I’m rough on cameras. My most recent one lasted all of six months. After being dropped during a wild wedding weekend in Baltimore it no longer took fully focused pictures.

Sigh.

The problem is that I take my camera everywhere because you never know when an interesting picture will present itself. I also believe that pictures make blog posts more interesting. As Rod Stewart sings, “every picture tells a story.”

That being said I really don’t consider myself a photographer. I’m just a point and shoot kind of guy that appreciates a good picture. When a photo opportunity presents itself and I find myself without my camera for some reason, I default to my phone or iPad.

I consider them to poor platforms for good photos and so when my latest camera crapped out I was bummed. I planned to procure a new camera after the holidays when everything goes on sale. Instead, my sister Kelly surprised me at Christmas with a brand new SonyDSC-TX20.

She chose well. The TX20 is a rugged beast. It is waterproof to a depth of 16 feet, shockproof to a drop of about five feet and dust proof, yet compact enough to slide into a pocket.

Hopefully this one will last awhile. 
blog comments powered by Disqus