Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Fun Car Day


After Halloween, I pretty much stop driving my BMW. It gets to spend the winter months nestled in the garage, awaiting the return of warmer days.

Yesterday and today I made an exception.

I wasn't the only one either. The unseasonably warm weather made today a sports car day. I even spotted a couple of coupes with their tops down.
And then there was this classic roadster I came across in a parking lot off Dobbin Road in Columbia. It’s a Datsun 2000. My colleague Bill Harrison figures it to be a 1968 vintage. He once owned a 1984 Nissan300 ZX so he knows a thing or two about the brand. Before 1983 Nissans were marketed as Datsuns.
The Datsun 2000 was a precursor to the Z cars which began with the 240 Z in 1970. I was a little surprised to see that this forty four year old 2000 was sporting regular license tags as opposed to historic tags.

Judging from its condition I’d wager that it spends the winter in a garage too.


blog comments powered by Disqus