Monday, March 16, 2009

A Real Juggling Act

I just got back from Florida yesterday so it has taken me a little time to get caught up on my Sunday newspapers. Today I read this story by Janene Holzberger in The Sun about former Ellicott City resident, Anthony Gatto. Anthony holds a dozen world juggling records and is currently in Baltimore as featured performer with KoozÄ by Cirque Du Soleil.

Anthony got his start in the old Chatham Mall on Route 40 where he was introduced to juggling by his step dad, Nick Gatto. Nick was a retired vaudevillian who taught his sep-son a few tricks while working in Nick’s tobacco shop. Mama Wordbones told me she remembers Nick Gatto and his Pipes and Things shop from the days before the mall was torn down. Today a Home Depot store stands in its place.

Check out the story. It even includes a nice video showing Anthony Gattos juggling prowess.

0 comments: