Thursday, January 29, 2009

A TV Everywhere You Turn

A few months back I posted about the impending arrival of the Stained Glass Pub over in Elkridge. Last Friday, TW and I decided to check the place out for lunch.

TW knew some of the history of the restaurant and it’s origins in Silver Spring. I believe he told me it was a family operation.

Yesterday, an anonymous commenter here asked “Are there any good bars friendly to Steelers fans who might want to watch the Super Bowl with like-minded, enlightened football fans?”
Well, I’m certainly no Steelers fan but that comment did make me think of the Stained Glass Pub. That would be a great place to catch a game. Stained Glass Pub has twenty two televisions evenly spread around the bar and restaurant. That’s quite a few for a place that is about a third the size of Champps at The Mall which might also be a good place to find some fellow Steelers fans on Sunday night.

As for me, I’ll probably walk down to the party at JD’s and Danielle’s. He’s a Ravens fan and she’s a Steelers fan, big time.

I just hope it’s a good game. I’m rooting for the old guy.

Go Cards!


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

How was the food? We also used to patronize Thiesman's (loved it!) and were unimpressed with House of Welsh.