Monday, June 18, 2012

Back By Popular Demand


Last year, when the Marching Fourth Marching Band appeared at the Columbia Festival of Arts LakeFest, they proved to be so popular that the festival invited them back.


I was happy to hear this because I missed last years performance. That night Mama Wordbones and I attended the performance of "A Midsummer’s Night Dream" at Shakespeare in the Ruins instead. 

As it turns out I almost missed them again because of my college reunion. Fortunately, this year the festival made the Portland based performance troupe their closing performance. After getting home and unpacking yesterday, I headed over to Town Center to catch the show.

The March Fourth Marching Band is a perfect fit for a summer festival. Their high energy show is infectious and last night, in very short order, they had the audience dancing and waving arms. You can’t help but smile when you hear them perform.

I’m just glad I finally got to see them.
blog comments powered by Disqus