Wednesday, February 16, 2011

CA Hires HoCo Blog Lady

The cofounder of hocoblogs, Jessie Newburn has been hired as a Community Engagement Strategist for The Columbia Association. This is a newly created position that reports directly to the association president, Phil Nelson. Though Jessie has been an enthusiastic proponent of using social media to build and nurture community she resisted using that label to describe her new role.

“It’s so much more than that,” she tried explaining to me. We had a brief phone conversation this evening as she headed off to the latest HoCo Blogtail party in Savage.

I was simply looking for some sort of reference point. I’ve never seen a job description for a Community Engagement Strategist before, but then again perhaps I wasn’t looking hard enough.

Maybe instead I should have asked her if she was going to be working with that Web 2.0 ecosystem thing.

blog comments powered by Disqus