Sunday, February 20, 2011

Junk Drawer Forensics


I have a drawer in our kitchen dedicated exclusively to my stuff. It is the repository of my car keys and other essential stuff. Yesterday, for the first time in five years, I decided to clean it out.

I should note that Mama Wordbones also has a junk drawer in the kitchen but hers is decidedly different. It is orderly and logically arranged. There is a place for everything and everything is in its place. Regular cleaning/purging is not required.

My drawer on the other hand is a study in chaos. There were things shoved in the back far reaches of the drawer that had long since lost their utility or meaning. The things I actually still used were being crowded out by the seemingly self replicating detritus of true junk. It was time to purge.

The biggest surprise of the purge was this pile of keys. I can honestly say that I have no idea what any of these keys unlock Obviously, at some point in time I was entrusted with these keys. I suppose the good news for those who entrusted me with them is that I didn’t lose them. The only question now is what to do with them.

One thing is certain though, they are not going back into my junk drawer.
blog comments powered by Disqus