Sunday, July 19, 2009

Twelfth Night

The last time I sat through a Shakespeare play was many moons ago when I was back in college. Last night I ended that cultural drought by attending a performance of Twelfth Night at the Patapsco Female Institute Historic Park in Ellicott City.

It was a great evening. Mama Wordbones packed us a picnic dinner with a bottle of wine and we dined on the grounds before the performance. The weather was unseasonably cool and the performance in the park under the stars was a perfect way to enjoy a summer evening.

We will definitely return. Tonight is the last performance of Twelfth Night but the Chesapeake Shakespeare Company will return to the ruins on October 8th for a three week run of Julius Caesar.
"God give them wisdom that have it; and those that are fools, let them use their talents. "

I can relate to that.

2 comments:

Nina said...

CSC is a fantastic local resource. We go at least once a year to Shakespeare in the Ruins -- I'm a big fan of wine with my entertainment as well.

Bob O said...

Yep, I love this, great venue and good entertainment. Nice pick!