Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Table Lamp Tale Two

As of 3:13 PM this afternoon, my misclassified bulk item was still at the curb in front of my house. Today was my scheduled pick up day. It isn't looking good.

Today is also our regular trash day so I also wondered if it might get swept up with the regular garbage as Christie Lassen suggested in the comments in this post. When I dropped by the house this afternoon, the trash can was empty but the vacuum table lamp was still there. If nothing else I learned that, on my trash route at least, a vacuum table lamp is not considered regular trash.

Another commenter, Janie, took issue with me expending tax dollars just to come pick up my old vacuum, suggesting that in doing so I was simply “a waste of life and tax dollars.”

Okay so that was a little humorless.

I mean come on now. The easiest thing for me to do would be to throw the vacuum table lamp in the back of my truck and deposit it in a dumpster at my office. Bing. Bang. Boom. Done.

But what fun is that?

I didn’t ask HoCo to offer residential curbside bulk pick up. I was perfectly capable of dealing with bulk items on my own before they came along. On the other hand, since they do offer it and since I therefore pay for it, I wanted to see how it worked…or didn’t.

Granted, I could have picked a better bulk item. Then again, a vacuum table lamp does add a touch of the absurd to this tale. An armoire just isn’t that funny.
blog comments powered by Disqus