Tuesday, March 13, 2012

In This Months Business Monthly

This month’s column started with a post I wrote last month about my new iPad. Rereading that post now, I realize that this was only the tip of the iceberg of my technological travails. By the time it was over I had a whole columns worth of material.

Don’t misunderstand this rant; I think Apple makes great products. Apple devices are elegant. You just don’t say that about many consumer products.

And they are becoming embedded in the business world, across all disciplines, at a breakneck pace. In the third quarter of 2011, Apple sold more iPads than Macs for the first time; 4.19 million in iPads, $3.9 million Macs.

That’s a lot of hardware.

My only complaint is that they don’t play well with the other devices. Then again, maybe their aloof behavior is all part of the business strategy. When they tell us in their ads that their devices are “playful,” it simply means when playing with themselves.
So I give up.  My Droid X phone is nearing the end of its lifecycle. I will replace it with an iPhone.

You can read this months column here.

One Last Thing:

I just discovered that my BizMo colleague George Berkheimer wrote a nice little rundown of some of the loco blogs. Check it out here.
blog comments powered by Disqus