Thursday, April 28, 2011

Not Going There

Earlier this week, an unhappy subject of a post on Tales of Two Cities sent me a text message saying that they plan to sue me. This message was sent after I hung up on the person when they began cursing at me. My first instinct was to share that conversation here but I subsequently decided that discretion was the better part of valor and chose not to go there.

I mention this now because yesterday, in the mail, I received a letter from an attorney. My first thought was that this was related to the aforementioned text message.

I was surprised to find that, while it still had to do with this blog, it was actually about a different post.

It seems that my presence has been requested at a meeting of the Howard County Public School System Ethics Panel next week. The panel wants to ask me about the source for this post about the ethics complaint filed against school board member Allen Dyer.

“The Panel is seeking information regarding such disclosure and it is the understanding of the Panel that you are the individual who posts as “Wordbones” at the “Tales of Two Cities” Blog.”

Yep, that’s me but since I have no intention of telling the Panel who my source was I have respectfully declined their invitation.

I’m not going there either.
blog comments powered by Disqus