Saturday, April 16, 2011

Now that’s a Truck

Mama Wordbones and CG are west county girls. Until we combined families five years ago, they were proud county girls. Mama Wordbones even grew a little corn on their three acre plot of land in Glenwood.

I mention this because they enjoy teasing me about my “city” ways. The most frequent target of their countrified derision is my SUV. I refer to it as my truck.

“That’s no truck!” they’ll equally exclaim. To this I always counter that, according to the MVA, my Ford Explorer is a “TRK”.

Of course there is no winning this argument, no matter what the State of Maryland thinks. There is no way these country girls will ever call an SUV a truck. It goes against their very rural roots. A truck, at the bare minimum, has an open bed for hauling stuff. Preferably it’s a little beat up too. You take a truck to the dump not to dinner.
Yesterday when I spotted this Deuce and a half for sale in Ellicott City, I asked Mama Wordbones if I would gain any country cred if I picked this baby up.

It’s a monster. This 1993 M35 A3 two and a half ton truck has six forty-two inch wheels, 170 horsepower CAT 3116 Diesel engine, a 15,000 lb winch, ether cold start, and an in-cab adjusting air tire inflation system.

Sweet!

The best part is that no special license is required to pilot this beast. I'm not sure it would fit in my driveway though.
blog comments powered by Disqus