Saturday, April 16, 2011

Tales of Two Runs

Tomorrow morning is the 33rd annual Clyde’s American 10 K race in Columbia. Approximately 1,500 runners and their friends will gather in Town Center early Sunday morning for this annual rite of a HoCo spring. The forecast for race time calls for 50 degrees and wind, but for now at least, no rain.

This is a great run. The course winds around The Mall, up past Fairway Hills golf course, onto to Route 108 and then heads back towards Town Center through Running Brook. At the finish both participants and their early morning spectators are treated to a bountiful Sunday brunch provided by Clyde’s.

I won’t be running this year. I had originally planned to but life and allergies interrupted my training regimen. It’s takes me a little more time to train now that I’m in my mid fifties.
I am ready for the shorter Ellicott City 5 K though. The 2nd Annual Hills of Milltown 5 K will be held in two weeks on Saturday, April 30th. This is another hilly course but that’s pretty much what you get anywhere you run in HoCo.
blog comments powered by Disqus