Tuesday, April 05, 2011

In This Months Business Monthly

I love it when one story leads to another. That was the case with my latest column in the Business Monthly. A year ago, when I was sharing a St. Patricks Day beer with my sister Kelly  at J. Patrick's in Baltimore, I met Wally and Joe. Wally and Joe are longtime buddies who share one of the most unique annual rituals around the Irish holiday that I have ever heard of, and I’ve heard of more than a few. It covers an entire week. In fact, Joe is retired now and living in Florida but he still makes the return trip to Baltimore every year to participate in this annual rite with his friend.

The final day of their ritual is the Feast of St. Joseph which is celebrated on March 19th. This year, I wrote a post pointing out that this is also a popular holiday with the Italians. This generated a comment from another sister (I have five of them) about how St. Joseph has helped her sell seven homes.

I had completely forgotten about the real estate angle with St. Joseph. Perhaps this is because I’m not in the home selling business. St. Joseph is apparently very popular with residential realtors.

You can read this month’s column here.

This month also marks the debut of a new website for The Business Monthly. It’s a big improvement.
blog comments powered by Disqus