Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Water We Going to Do?


Two days ago we received this water cut off notice in the mail from the county. I asked Mama Wordbones if I should start filling the bathtubs and all available containers while we still had service. Mama Wordbones takes care of the household bills in our household. She did not share my humor in this matter.

“I just the paid that bill and it isn’t even due yet,” she told me. I was instructed to call the the next day to find out what was going on.

It turns out that we were not only ones who received a cutoff notice. According to this story in today’s Sun, 1,047 other customers got them as well.

The woman I spoke with in the Water and Sewer Division of the Department of Finance apologized. She told me they were using a new computer program and they apparently were still going through a learning curve with it. She said she had spent most of the day talking to some very irate people.

I wasn’t irate but Mama Wordbones was. I was just relieved.

0 comments: