Wednesday, August 15, 2012

It’s Not About the Coffee


I needed a little pick me up around three o’clock today so I stopped by the Dobbin Road Starbucks for a cup of coffee.

The place was so busy I had difficulty finding a parking space. Fortunately, when I walked inside, there wasn't a line.

“We don’t have any coffee,” the barista told me.

I wasn’t sure I heard him right. “What?”

“The machine broke down, we can’t make coffee.”

I thought he was joking. I just couldn’t seem to wrap my mind around not being able to get a cup of coffee at the world’s most popular coffee shop. It was like being at a McDonalds and being told there were no hamburgers. “Seriously?” I asked.

“Seriously,” he replied. “Sorry.”

It didn’t seem to be hurting business either. Tables inside and out were mostly full.

I guess it’s really not about the coffee.
blog comments powered by Disqus