Friday, February 08, 2008

Scene This Week In...

The Howard County Blogtail Hour came to Ellicott City this month. The local blogosphere landed at the Ellicott Mills Brewing Company. Jesse Newburn and Frank Hecker “sponsored” the gathering which was also attended by Bill Santos, David Wissing, Mike Morucci, Ed C., Cheri Beck, Susan Coghlan, and Mary Kate Murray. This auspicious gathering seemed appropriate for my Scene This Week in Ellicott City.
Before the blogtail hour I stopped by the mall for a haircut with long time Columbia barber, Wayne Shepard. Wayne has been a fixture in the mall for as long as I can remember. In the early days his shop was called Rex’s Place, today it is known as Cavallaro & Company. Wayne is another one of those long time Columbia residents who recently relocated to Ellicott City. That kind of makes him a poster child for this here blog.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, WB, for the pics and post. And, of course, for your charm, wit and energy at the Blog Tale party. You looked quite hip with your fresh hair cut ... props to the Cavallaro crew. Now, as MKM, a blog reader and not a blogger, didn't have a link in your post, may I offer this link here? http://tinyurl.com/2wqtlt

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the beer.

wordbones said...

jn-

It was a fun evening and you are a charming hostess. I added the link for MKM.

dw-

You're most welcome. That was my belated gesture to recognize your five years of local blogging.

-wb

Mike said...

Loved the company and the conversation. And the Boomerang on tap. In that order.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I couldn't make it, but it sounds like everyone had a good time. I'm looking forward to the next one.

That's a fantastic picture of Wayne, who has cut my hair on several occasions. The composition is great.

wordbones said...

hd-

Wayne cuts some of the best heads in town!

You were missed last night. Have a great time in Montanna. Maybe we'll bump into you at BWI/TM airport tomorrow morning.

-wb

B. Santos said...

I had a great time too. I am so happy that not only do we have a great blogging community here in HoCo, the people that write them are wonderful and interesting. Put down 3/11/08 for the next gathering. I'll be hosting at Rocky Run.

Anonymous said...

gag.