Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Skates

The last time I went ice skating with rented skates was the last time I’m going ice skating with rented skates. That was two weeks ago.

Today, I bought a new pair of hockey skates.

I hadn’t planned to buy new. It’s not like I’m going to start playing hockey again. I just want to throw on a pair of skates once in awhile and skate around a bit; used skates would already be a huge improvement over the rentals.

This afternoon I drove over to Play It Again Sports in Ellicott City. It was the first time I’d ever been in the place. At 2:30 it was rocking with activity but the staff was clicking along like a well oiled machine. In no time I was trying on a pair of used skates.

As it turns out, they really didn’t have my size in used hockey skates but they did have it in new ones. I sucked it up and bought them.

I figured that, at my age, these would likely be the last pair of ice skates I’ll ever buy...for me anyway...
blog comments powered by Disqus