Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Good Model


Friday night Mama Wordbones and I took a road trip to check out Black Ankle vineyards in Taylorsville. Since first tasting one of their wines back in March I’ve become a big fan. I also heard from friends that a trip to the winery was well worth the half hour drive from HoCo.

They were right.

Though the vineyard is relatively close by it feels like a world away. Turning into the vineyard after traveling down a tree shaded country road the first thing you see are rows of vines along rolling hills. The Tasting Room itself is a model of sustainability. From the living roof to the straw bale insulated walls it is arguably one of the coolest tasting rooms I’ve ever been in and I’ve been in few including several in Napa and Sonoma valleys.

For those considering setting up wineries under HoCo’s newly established wineries legislation, Black Ankle provides a pretty nice model to emulate.
blog comments powered by Disqus