Friday, October 22, 2010

Blogtails

The only problem with a local gathering of bloggers is that all the attendees will eventualy want to blog about it and last night’s blogtail party was no exception. This morning you can read posts from HoCo Rising, 53 Beers on Tap, and Frank Hecker, as well as a Twitter thingy from JessieX about the evening at Kloby’s Smokehouse.

I can’t resist the urge to comment either. This is actually the first blogtail party I’ve attended in awhile. In fact, until the last minute I didn’t think I’d be able to make this one. I’m glad I did. These gatherings have come a long way since the inaugural one at Clyde’s four years ago. Four years ago the gathering was small, maybe six or seven people. Last night there were about 30 people that not only included bloggers but also blog readers, media folk and politicians. Even Mama Wordbones came, her first ever attendance at a blog event!

I can’t begin to name all the people who attended because I never got to work my way all through the crowd. That’s okay, that’s what happens at a fun gathering, you go home wishing you had gotten to talk to more people.

I did get to speak at length with Jeff Robinson, one of the Repub candidates for the House of Delegates in District 13. We had a good laugh about the Howard County Times split decision between him and Shane Pendergrass on whom to endorse. Talk about opposite ends of the political spectrum! I’d have loved to be a fly on the wall during that discussion. 

Dennis Schrader, the Repub candidate for the District 3 County Council seat, also dropped by to mingle with the bloggers, offering further evidence of the growing influence of blogs.

Rock star blogger David Hobby was in attendance as well, sporting an official Blogger hoodie (I want one!). I think this may have been the first bogtail party that he has attended too. David was the first person to really open my eyes about blogs.

Trevor, an occasional guest commenter on HoCo Rising, used the occasion to announce that he has started his very own blog, HoCo Politico

Though this gathering was co-hosted by HowChow and HoCo Rising, the real credit for these blogging events goes to Jessie. She has continued to nurture this blogtail concept from that small group four years ago to the wildly successful event last night.

Nicely done. 
blog comments powered by Disqus