Thursday, November 06, 2008

Harris Teeter Coming To Turf Valley?

In a previous post I speculated that Greenberg Gibbons Commercial was negotiating with Harris Teeter for their new shopping center in Turf Valley. In order for that to occur the developer first needed to amend the Planned Golf Course Community zoning to allow for a 55,000 square foot grocery instead of the 18,000 square foot grocery allowed under current PGCC zoning.

According to this story by Larry Carson in The Sun today, the County Council voted unanimously on Monday evening to approve this request.

It is no secret that Harris Teeter is trying to expand its footprint in Howard County. They opened their first county store in the Kings Contrivance village center earlier this year and have already started work on a second store in Maple Lawn. A typical Harris Teeter store is 55,000 square feet.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear another Harris Teeter is on the way to Howrd County. I have become a loyal customer of HT. Ever since HT opened in KC Village Center, I can count the number of times I have been back to Giant since then on one finger....

Anonymous said...

I like the selection at HT in KC but I think their prices are clearly on the high side. Maybe I am just cheap...

Scott said...

nice... any idea how quickly this is going to be built? is there a plan online somewhere providing a bit of detail on this new development?

this area of the county is very unserved. now only if they would put a gas station at/near Waverly.

Anonymous said...

I would be so happy if they put a New Harris Teeter in the Turf valley area.. I live in eldersburg and I travel to Kings contrivence, Harris teeter to go to that store..It is the absolute best grocery shopping experience and I have 4 major grocery stores within 2 miles from my house and i still go all the way to the KContrivence Harris teeter..If you want the absolute best in customer service, fresh fruits and vegetables and tons of free samples all around the store.. do everything in your power to get Harris Teeter to the Turf valley area. It would be a great asset to the community there.. Weiss definately needs some competition! Go Harris Teeter!