Saturday, February 06, 2010

Pre Dawn Saturday

We’re not going anywhere, even with four wheel drive. My on call shift with the hospital started a half hour go and thankfully I haven’t gotten a call yet. I got up at 5:00 AM and the black dog and I went out to reconnoiter the situation. It was knee deep in the street.

One of my neighbors is an anesthesiologist at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore. He was pulling out of his driveway as I was sizing up the situation. He got about 200 yards up the street and before retreating back home.

I slogged through the snow to talk to him.

“I called the hospital and they told me that basically anyone who was already there was staying there. They aren’t even sending out cars to pick people up.”

I can only assume that the same the same holds true for HCGH.

We even had lightning this morning. That was a little freaky. The Weather Channel is saying that we’re getting three inches of snow an hour.

I’m heading back to bed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

4400 people in howard without power. what are they doing for heat?

Dave W said...

Put up my first round of photos:

http://www.hedgehogreport.com

Anonymous said...

HCGH had 50 cots brought in from the National Guard so staff could stay.