Sunday, May 10, 2009

Looking for Bowlers and Batsmen

This afternoon I came across three gentlemen practicing cricket on a tennis court in Ellicott City. It turns out that they are part of a nascent Columbia cricket team called the Maryland State Club.

“How is the level of play around here,” I asked.

“The real action is in Gaithersburg,” Desai told me. “We’re really just getting started in Columbia.”

“Are you looking for more players,” I asked.

“Do you play?”

Not this old dog but I told him I’d put something up on my blog for anyone out there who might be. If you are interested in playing cricket locally give Desai a call. His number is 443-864-2328.

Jolly good!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to see Cricket is started growing in the USA. I will call Desai

Anonymous said...

Columbia Cricket Club, affiliated to the Washington Metropolitan Cricket Board league, plays the regular format in a fun and competitive setting .Reach out to Suresh at 240-751-3632 if interested.

The Baltimore/Washington area has a lot of other cricket leagues and teams as well, Washington Cricket League being the premier one.

Gauti said...

I play cricket with my team in Laurel, Maryland. If you interested in having match with my team in Columbia then call or text Gautam at 240-603-4380. We play Saturday and Sunday @ 1:00 PM