Friday, December 19, 2008

Chili Today

My January column for The Business Monthly is put to bed (a special thanks to those commenter’s who provided input), it’s a good time to take a day off, and just because I can and I feel like it, I’m taking today off. I’m making chili.

I actually started last night with the all important overnight marinade of one of the meats. I played the blues and sipped on a glass of Rosso Classic (a tasty little red blend I picked up at The Wine Seller in Shipleys Grant, $9.99) while I diced up red meat. The dogs were close by my side.

Today I start cooking around noon. First I need to dash over to The Mall, the Mexican Market on Dobbin Road and Trader Joes, in that order.

I just wanted to get a quick post in and also say “nah, nah, nah,” to all those who are reading this post while stuck at work. I feel your pain, not.

I’ll try and post again later when the chili is a cookin’.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

To each his own. I'd much rather be at work than cooking and clogging my arteries with meat soup!

Anonymous said...

I can't think of a better thing to be doing on a cold, rainy day like today. I plan on baking ginger cookies later on, once my last class is over.

Anonymous said...

Hey, please post your chili recipe.

wordbones said...

Anon 10:03 AM,

I suppose I could actually write up my chili recipe. I have been making this chili for so long that I really don't follow any written instructions. Truth be told, it is never actually the same twice anyhow. Each time I tweak it a little or make a substitution based on what I have on hand. Maybe in a future post I'll share the basics and then you can add your own tweeks.

And yes, this batch came out fabulously. In fact I think I'll go warm up some more right now.

-wb