Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Exiled on Main Street

This morning I received an email from HowChow alerting me to the closing of Jordan’s Steakhouse in Ellicott City. I thought this seemed odd given that Jordan Naftel had recently announced that he was opening up a second restaurant in Maple Lawn in the space formerly occupied by the oz Chophouse. I decided to check it out for myself and when I did I found this sign on the locked front door.

It seems that Jordan and his landlord, Rudder Management, are in a bit of a rent dispute. Apparently the landlord felt he had to take this dramatic action to get the restaurateurs attention. Jordan told me he is attempting to reach some sort of an accommodation that will allow the upscale Main Street steakhouse to reopen but until then he says he is busy trying to get the Maple Lawn location ready for a November opening.

There will undoubtedly be a more detailed story in the Howard County Times. When I was standing in front of the closed restaurant this afternoon I ran into Mike Santa Rita chasing down the story.

1 comments:

JessieX said...

Civic journalism. Yay HowChow. Yay Wordbones. But, dude, update your twitter status. You're coming up on a month without an update. ;-)