Friday, November 09, 2007

The Big Picture

While Mama Wordbones is off having her whipped cocoa bath this morning at the Chocolate spa, I have a moment to share this final photo from the GGP presentation at Oakland this past Tuesday. This photo captures the “vision” in its entirety. Another key feature of this “vision” is a series of “commons” that create important connections. One common would link the Mall to the lakefront. Another would link the Symphony North area to the Mall and Symphony Woods. A third would extend Sterrett Place down through the woods to the lakefront. I believe a fourth one would create a promenade from LL Bean up through to Twin Rivers Road.

I caution that I may not have these exactly accurate. There was a lot of information imparted over a short period of time and I didn’t take notes. The best advice I can give is to attend one of the GGP sessions that are going to be held around town and see for yourself. I believe GGP is also planning an interactive website for this “vision”. As soon as I find out what the URL is I’ll link to it under the Links of Interest.

Now I have to go see how Mama Wordbones is doing.

2 comments:

PeopleTree Films said...

Thanks for sharing these great photos wordbones. I'm really looking forward to variety downtown. If you get a chance, check out my blog on the subject: http://peopletreefilms.wordpress.com/2007/11/10/variety-downtown/

wordbones said...

Brian,
You are most welcome of course. I would also like to welcome you to growing band of Howard County bloggers. Keep posting.
-wb